Saturday, 12 March 2016

2016 Direction for Heathers Sewing Room



Last year I did really well in finishing a lot of UFO projects which was one of my goals with my return to Singapore to live. As the year ended I thought hard about where my creative life should be heading. I have always been involved with sewing as I came from a family where sewing and creating items with your hands was a part of daily living. I really enjoyed being involved in the clothing industry as a career because I love fabric, colour and designing, therefore this was an area I wanted to be more involved in. 

In order to work in Singapore I needed to register a business so I achieved this before the Christmas break. After spending time in New Zealand I have been able to return and start planning my sewing class to teach people the art of sewing, hoping they will experience the joy I have had over the years of being able to design and sew my own clothes.

A pillow case

A lined drawstring bag

A lined Tote Bag

An Easy Fit Skirt

Over the last week I have put together some projects which work well for people wanting to learn to sew. 

Now I am onto setting up my sewing room with sewing machines and a cutting table, therefore I feel like I am nearly there for the opening of my business.

Have a great week.

HEATHER


Follow on Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your new endeavour and best of luck. I'm sure your classes will be a big hit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fabulous, Heather, congratulations! It is wonderful that you will teach this art to more people encouraging not only their creativity, but promoting the art of sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with a new start in Singapore!I am sure your customers will benefit a lot from your experience and talents!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They will be so lucky to have a talented teacher! Nice array of beginner projects here. Let us know how it goes.

    Julie@ Pink Doxies

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather...I love how you adapted the blue collection. I was lead to your blog thru a google search of this quilt. I love your birds and the fact that your tree covers the inside area. Please check out my version of this quilt at Applique Paintbox at https://pamspaintbox.blogspot.com/. I also adapted the pattern in several ways and I very much like how it turned out. I love yours also.

    ReplyDelete