Wednesday, 14 October 2015

Making a Highland Avenue House


Recently I tested a pattern for Sara from Radiant Home Studio. The pattern is called Highland Avenue House and it is a decorative pillow. 

I thought about where I could put this pillow in my home before I chose the fabrics to make the pillow. I felt that it would brighten up my guest room so I looked in my stash and chose fabrics to compliment the decor of this room.

I used Misty Fuse to appliqué the windows, doors and heart onto the house. I did not do raw edge appliqué as on Sara's pattern and chose to turn under the edges and then machine stitch the pieces down.

Highland Avenue House pattern is now for sale on Sara's web site, Radiant Home Studio.

Have a great week
HEATHER


Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. Cute pillow and it goes perfectly with the decor of your bed room.

    ReplyDelete