Monday, 6 July 2015

Making Two Boxed Gifts

Recently I came across an interesting panel of fabric full of charming ladies. The panel was called Lady in Red and was designed by Loralie Harris. You can see more of her amazing art work here.
I decided to place one of the  designs onto a lid of a box and then frame. 



Inside the box I place an embroidered tea towel that I had purchased in a craft market.

The second box I made was covered with decorative paper.

On the lid I used a glass bead and then attached small beads to a ribbon and pulled the ribbons through the bead. The bead is attached to the lid with the ribbons.

The inside of the box is lined with silk fabric.

Inside the box I placed the tea towel with the embroidered lady with all her bags.

Have a great week.

HEATHER


Follow on Bloglovin

3 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the Lady in Red! Your boxes are always so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those boxes make indeed lovely gifts and the fabric panel you found for the first box is absolutely perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just made the connection ... :-)) I just realised you are the one that makes thoses beautiful sewing boxes ... I have been wanting to make one for a while ... Just bought your pattern. :-)

    ReplyDelete