Wednesday, 1 July 2015

Christmas Panel a 2015 Q2 Finish

After having this beautiful panel in my stash for many years it is very exciting to have it finished so that it can now be used and enjoyed. As I quilted the Christmas panel and became engrossed in each artful picture I started to appreciate the talent of Laurel Burch. She was an amazing artist and did so many amazing paintings and as quilters we are really lucky to have so much of her talent in fabric. Sadly Laurel passed away in 2007 at the age of 62 years. You can read more about her life here.

I used Perle Cotton in black and gold for the quilting. 








All the red berries where embroidered with french knots in red no.8 Perle Cotton

I added a gold piping into the binding.

This is my only 2015 Q2 Finish Along, that I have joined with Adrienne from On the Windy Side, that was in my last Q2 blog post that you read here.


Have a great week

HEATHER


Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. I love how you quilted that panel! It's great to "meet" another Laurel Burch fan.

    I used part of one of those panels to make a quilted pillow cover as a gift for a friend a few years ago and then just this past spring I also cut the rest of it and another panel up to make into a larger Christmas quilt. I also planned to add some hand quilting with perle cotton along with the machine quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That turned out lovely! I love how you quilted it with gold thread and also the gold piping. Now Christmas can come ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilting is lovely and the gold piping really frames the piece!

    *Visiting as a member of the official 2015 Finish-Along cheerleading squad*

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful Heather. Yes Laurel was a very talented lady. I love the gold thread you've used for hand quilting. My Laurel Birch Christmas panel looks very plain along this wonderful piece. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely finish you've done! Something about slow quilting is so satisfying for me. I'm amazed how you've used the Perle cotton for quilting.!I only tried it once and it was quite a chore. It really sets your project off here.

    Thank you for linking this up with the Pet Project Show!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is some amazing work, what a beautiful piece!!

    ReplyDelete