Wednesday, 20 May 2015

Bloggers Quilt Festival - Mount Maunganui Beach

This is my second entry into the online Bloggers Quilt Festival, which is hosted by 
Amy's Creative Side. My second entry is a small quilt that is designed from a scenic photo at Mount Maunganui Beach on the coast of New Zealand. 


I was inspired by a workshop given my Gloria Loughman and this quilt is the result. 


Some of a fabrics in the quilt are hand dyed cottons.


The grass is constructed with free motion stitching and a variegated thread


The flowers are stitched with bobbin embroidery where you work upside down and the bobbin thread becomes the feature.


The quilt size is 30" x 22"
Machine pieced
Machine appliqu├ęd

This is entered in the 
Small Quilt Category

So now you can click on over to the Bloggers Quilt Festival and start voting from May 22nd to May 29th 2015

Click Here to vote

A link to the Bloggers Festival is also in the side bar on my blog.

Have a great week


HEATHER


Follow on Bloglovin

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful small quilt! Great design and wonderful fabrics! I love your embroidery and quilting :)
    Greetings from Poland
    Kamila

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just beautiful! I've not seen the bobbin technique before....the flowers add so much to the quilt. Good luck in the festival!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous!Oh so much work!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful. Quite a piece of art. I love your grass.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather this is beautiful! I love the scene you have recreated and your special effects stitching are a real treat to the eye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Quilt!!! I like it very much! I will vote for this beauty !:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful Heather. I didn't realise that you did this type of quilting. It's amazing. Art quilts really are going to have to join my to do list, but I think I need a class first.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful quilt! It drew me right in from the linky in the Festival. I am very interested in the bobbin quilting. I've never heard of that before.

    ReplyDelete