Wednesday, 20 May 2015

Bloggers Quilt Festival - Indigo Orchid

Today I am entering the Bloggers Quilt Festival for the first time, with my Indigo Orchid. It is hosted by Amy's Creative Side where she hosts an annual online quilt show and you get to vote for your favourite quilt from May 22nd - 29th.


 This quilt was designed and created around the Truly Blue theme that was put out by the AQC (Australian Quilt Convention) for this years Quilt Challenge. I live in Singapore where the Botanical gardens have the most amazing Orchid enclosure, and after living in Singapore for many years I have come to love and appreciate the beauty in the Orchid flower. For me a truly blue fabric is the Japanese Indigo fabric so to combine the 2 was a representation of my Asian life. 


I constructed each petal using paper piecing.


Each petal was bound before appliquéing the flower to the raw silk background.


The centre was constructed and appliquéd into position, then beaded and embellished with embroidery.


The background is hand quilted using silk thread with beads added into the stitching.


I have more information about the making of this quilt in my original post. Click here.

I have entered the 
Indigo Orchid
 in 
Original Designs 
Quilt size is 90cm x 90cm
Fabric - 100% Japanese Indigo Cotton
Raw silk
Quilting - Machine and hand

So now you can click on over to the Bloggers Quilt Festival and start voting from May 22nd to May 29th 2015

Click here to vote
 A link to the Bloggers Festival is also in the side bar on my blog.

Have a great week.


HEATHER


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment