Thursday, 26 February 2015

The NZ made Black and White Box

When I was in New Zealand last year a friend gave me a piece of her machine embroidery that she had been using for craft projects. I felt it would be a great idea if I made something using the embroidery, and then give it back to her as a gift. If you know me well you will understand why a box is the first thing I think of, so I went to work and created a box to give her using the black and white embroidery I had received. This was the result.


I used 3 different cotton fabrics in the construction of the box and made a beaded tassel for the front.



Inside I made a separate tray that can be removed from the box.


I am writing this post while my time at home in New Zealand comes to an end and I prepare to head back to a very different life in Singapore. I thought you might like to see some of the beauty that I see each day while I am here.


I am always in awe of the colours that are produced by the light in this part of the world.


Then there is the green of the New Zealand native trees.

Hope you are having a great week.

HEATHER


Follow on Bloglovin

7 comments:

  1. Yes those colours are indeed amazing. I especially love the green. And your black and white box turned out lovely. I hope it was well received. Have a good flight back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous pictures! Lovely area in NZ. Love the box, your fabric choices were perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The black and white is very striking. Love the embroidery and tassel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely box and beautiful places!Good luck in your new home.AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful box Heather. I'm sure your friend was delighted. I hope you enjoyed your time back here. You certainly chose the best time of the year to come weather wise.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful all around! I would be so heartbroken to have to leave such a paradise.

    I love the box. It is inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to mention that my avatar is of some of the coast in Tasmania, the closest I ever got to New Zealand. :)

      Delete