Friday, 28 November 2014

Christmas is coming

Before the Christmas season totally takes over I thought I would give you a quick update on what has been happening in the sewing room.







I was keen to try and make some bowls using the 2.5mm grey board so these are the 2 that I managed to create by cutting and glueing the board and then covering them with decorative paper. Now they can sit on the table when I host the quilting group and gather up the threads as the ladies sew.


I purchased a Phillip Jacobs print and wanted to incorporate it into a top so I combined it with some black linen.
  

The Applique Mastery book written by Philippa Naylor arrived in my post box. After many years of quilting I have discovered there are endless ways to appliqué and Philippa showed me another  interesting way for this technique. I really enjoy how Philippa writes her books.

I love seeing how women process there creativity, so I really enjoyed watching this ladies work.


HEATHER


Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. What gorgeous cartonnage bowls you made. And the top is equally lovely. I'm interested to look at the new book by Philippa Naylor as I'm always eager to discover new ways of applique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Vreni! Nice work. And I, too, would like to take a peak at Philippa's book.

    ReplyDelete