Friday, 25 July 2014

Quilting in the Limelight


    

Philippa Naylor released her first book in 2008. I purchased it this year and I loved reading Quilting in the Limelight because it told a story, her story of how she started quilting and progressed into producing world winning quilts. I probably related to her story as it is similar to mine but she took her quilting to a whole new level.


Philippa is now releasing another book Appliqué Mastery which I am so looking forward to reading. You can find out more here on Dragon Threads. This is my choice for her book cover from the choices on the Dragon Threads site.




  
This week I had the privilege of teaching these ladies how to make their own Quilter's Sewing Box at Quilts and Friends. Two ladies had the same fabric but both used different coloured papers inside the box which gave each box a completely different look inside.


Astrid Dahl creates amazing abstract art with fantastic use of colour. I attended one of her classes last week in conjunction with her exhibition at the Ion Art Gallery in Singapore. My piece did not look anything like her colourful pieces but it was great to learn some new techniques from this inspiring lady.

 

                     

                              






Find more about Astrid here


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment