Thursday, 6 March 2014

A Little Bit Country


It is great to be back in the sewing room, and to catch you up with what I have been doing over the past few months.
 One of the highlights of my time spent in New Zealand was having the opportunity to attend a Kaffe Fassett workshop in Whakatane through the quilting shop Pins to Patches located at 46 Domain Rd.
The workshop was based on the pattern Garden Chintz which is in the book 'Kaffe Quilts Again'. 


 I wanted to give myself a challenge and try to incorporate some Kiwiana prints by Nutex in my quilt. 


This was a big challenge as Kaffe uses very large prints in this quilt. It was great having Kaffe and Brandon giving us advise encouraging us to 'just go for it', by cutting 8" squares and placing them on our design walls, standing back and then deciding what worked and what didn't. 


 Everyone had great results.











 





Thanks for the visit

                                                            Follow on Bloglovin

2 comments:

  1. I love how your quilt turned out and I see that you found that fabric for the border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an inspiration to see all these beautiful colour combinations! Great you were there too!

    ReplyDelete