Saturday, 7 December 2013

The Quilters Sewing Box


The Quilting group I am part of had a Christmas lunch this week and part of the event is to bring a gift. I had been working on designing a sewing box that you could take with you to a quilt group which would hold the things you are sewing and would also give you room to cut and organise your piecing. 


This was the perfect time to perfect my idea and to come up with a design. I managed to purchase a small cutting mat, so this dictated the size that the finished box would be, which meant  it became an ideal size to put in a bag.





I also needed another gift for a Girls Christmas night out so I put some stationary in this box and the recipient was delighted with her gift.


Thanks for the visit



Follow on Bloglovin

6 comments:

  1. Two gorgeous boxes; what lucky recipients.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a smart idea and so well executed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Heather, Just thought I'd let you know that I used your pattern to make these houses today with my 13 year old son. I'm really pleased with the result - your photos were a great help thank you.

    I'd love to send you a photo but don't know how. Any suggestions?
    Wendy from Wellington, NZ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy so pleased you enjoyed making the houses. You could send an attached photo to my email address. Would love to see your house. heathers.sewing.room@gmail.com

      Delete
  4. Do you mind if I copy your sewing box? Maybe a bit different, but I like this idea!

    ReplyDelete